水曜日, 11月 18, 2009

Heading toward Decemburr

So, winter is most definitely here in Hiroshima.
The most awesome aspect of this is the mikan (mandarin orange). Mikan are proof that value is derived from scarcity. Since mikan are the very definition of abundance this time of year, they are completely worthless and handed out as gifts by everyone, to everyone. I have lived in an apartment since the day I moved here, so clearly I have no trees, yet even I have given people mikan, because I received so many! Delicious? Yes. Healthy? Yes! And yet, no one gets excited when you bring home a huge bag of them (for free) because it becomes a challenge to eat them all before they start going bad! Still, it is a very nice problem considering the alternate end of the spectrum: scurvy.

I just got over a cold too by the way. Where were you a week ago mikan?!? But remarkably, it was the first time I've been ill since January, when i caught the flu for the first time in my life. Good streak yeah? I have to attribute it to multi-vitamins, since that's the only thing I've changed since last year.

Next week is Thanksgiving and the DSK SNOW PARTY pre-season Kick-Off party! Woooo! Soon I will be slapping on my snowboard and shredding the snowy mountains of Mizuho!

Last but not least I just read a great article about the origin of modern Japanese people.
check it out!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿