水曜日, 3月 16, 2011

Elsewhere in Japan...

While the World news reported basically the worst of everything they could find, and tried their best to make the world think all of Japan had sunk into the Pacific, my region was blessed with nice weather and a whopping zero catastrophes.

While tsunamis swept the north-east coast and destroyed tens of thousands of homes, boats, cars, and most tragically, lives; I was sitting on a ferry crossing the placid Seto Inland Sea to Matsuyama, Ehime on the island of Shikoku, staring in disbelief at the awful footage streaming through the television on board.

But this is not about that.
After another 2 hours on a train, I was finally in my girlfriend Wendy's city of Uwajima, and we spent four glorious days together in which we celebrated St. Patrick's Day, visited Ehime Castle, saw Plum AND Cherry blossoms, made Hawaiian food, and I even got to go to the high school she teaches at and help her in two classes!
Here are a few pictures from this time.
I don't expect you to forget the horrible disaster going on in the northern region of Japan, but I also want to say we didn't forget either, and there were donation drives going on the entire time in both Ehime AND Hiroshima.

That said: Please Enjoy.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2720606&id=10118973&l=7d1a25d81b

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿